All Children are vulnerable in institutions that prize status and reputation above their moral responsibility to protect their charges, regardless of what the laws of the land are we have a moral compass to protect children at all cost.
Who We Are
Protect Kids First was founded by Bill Crane. As children, Bill and his brother Tom were sexually abused by their parish priest, Father Joseph Hanley in Mendham, New Jersey. Like many child survivors, they only became aware of the abuse as adults.
How to help
Sex abuse is an unthinkable act that no one likes to talk about. We shed a tear and hope someone else can make a difference. But by speaking out, you can help put a stop to these horrible tragedies. Educate yourself, be heard, and reach out to survivors that have been victimized. Every voice counts.
Video of the Week: Millstone Memorial on NBC News
View more videos at: http://nbcnewyork.com.
In The News
- April 26, 2013 Memorial to child victims of church sex abuse, destroyed twice, to be rededicated Sunday
- April 25, 2013 Twice Vandalized NJ Memorial to Clergy Sex Abuse Victims Rededicated in Special Ceremony
- April 17, 2013Mendham memorial to clergy sex abuse victims to be rebuilt
- April 12, 2013Christie, Buono, Serratelli could use 'moral authority' to help send a message at ceremony
- March 21, 2013Victim of priest's abuse: Christie should speak out on damage done to children
- March 14, 2013 Priest's sex abuse victim finds hope, after Mendham monument destroyed a second time
- March 12, 2013 Mendham monument to church's sex abuse victims destroyed for a second time